Pages

Makeup Trends for Fall I Can't Wait to Try: Subtle, Nude Lipstick with a Dramatic Winged Eye

Wednesday, September 22, 2010


































With the launch of MAC's Venomous Villains just around the corner, I'm really inspired to once again have fun with makeup. As a mom of 2 and no longer a"20-something" I have found that there is often a fine line between "playful" and "hooker". While I intend to interject more color this season, I think this is a great neutral, yet fun look to start out the season with. This was a look that was used for Blumarine's runway show using the above shown products with the following step by steps:

1. I love the hair as it looks completely effortless.
"To create, scrunch dry hair with a beach or salt spray [such as Fekkai's Marine Beach Waves] and twist sections around your fingers"
2. "For eyes use a liquid eyeliner with a marker like lip tip and follow the curves of your lower lashes. Line up and out. Finish by lining top lid as well."
3. "For lips, choose a creamy nude lip color [Dolce & Gabana in Delicate] to finish off the look."
And that's it! Tomorrow, I will recreate this look and post pics. I need to make a stop at Target for a beach spray and I think I will try Maybelline's Line Stiletto (my bf blogged about it awhile back and loves..I don't use liquid liner enough to splurge on the Chanel just yet). Stay tuned! :)



















6 comments:

  1. You could try the L'Oreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense felt tip liquid liner. It's very easy to use. It was the first liquid liner I ever tried. Let me know what you think of the Maybelline one if you get it, I haven't tried that one yet.

    http://neutrakris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Dream mousse make up. I would say you take the darkest color, because the colours are all really light. I belive you should take the 048 sun beige. But It´s not for dry skin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true. You could also try the line stilleto by Maybelline. Works so well! Winged eye liner is so fun, mine always come out off though :/
    Maybe you could do a step-by-step blog post on how to do winged eye liner?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah, that DG lipstick looks fab! :)

    Great blog!

    Check out my THREE GIVEAWAYS!

    xx
    Jen

    http://belledecouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah coool, nothing can top Chanel :p

    xxx

    thanks for the sweet comment, hope to hear from you again soon :)
    lifeisroyalty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete